Ambassador Warlick spoke to local press at the U.S. Embassy today. He expressed condolences on behalf of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs for the loss of life among both civilians and soldiers in recent days. He said the Co-Chairs met with Azerbaijani leadership and stressed the need for immediate negotiations toward a comprehensive settlement, stressing that strict adherence to the ceasefire is necessary to allow political progress and save lives. Ambassador Warlick added that the United States remains committed to supporting a settlement through the OSCE Minsk Group and noted Secretary Kerry’s personal involvement in encouraging efforts to get the political process moving forward.
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles
- U.S. City of Phoenix proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- Azerbaijan’s Republic Day & 100th anniversary of its diplomatic service celebrated in Los Angeles