BP Azerbaijan has conducted a 3D seismological survey at the Azerbaijani Shah Deniz gas and condensate field to obtain data on possible realization of the third phase of the field’s development, Greg Riley, BP Azerbaijan vice-president for exploration and development, told reporters on February 4.
“The 2D seismic survey was conducted in the shallow waters around the Absheron Peninsula at a sea depth of more than 15 meters,” he said. “During this survey our contractor Caspian Geophysical also held 3D seismic survey on the Shah Deniz field through the Gilavar vessel.”
“This has allowed us to collect certain data on the opportunities of further development of the field,” he said. “The analysis of these data will begin in the fourth quarter of 2016.”
Riley said that this issue has not been a priority yet as the company has focused on the second phase of the field development.
“The interpretation of data for the third phase has not been a priority. However, we are constantly looking for the opportunities for the Shah Deniz field further development.”
Earlier, BP expressed intention to continue cooperation on the third phase of development of the Shah Deniz gas field with SOCAR (the Azerbaijani State Oil Company).
- The U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan opened the Kurdemir American Corner
- Azerbaijan maintains strong counterterrorism co-op with US
- Посол Азербайджана в США Элин Сулейманов рассказал о последней армянской провокации на форуме The Heritage Foundation
- Президент Ильхам Алиев: Отношения между Азербайджаном и США вступают в новую стадию
- Глава консульской службы посольства Соединенных Штатов в Азербайджане Ким Моралес: Как получить неиммиграционную визу США в Азербайджане