The equipment delivered at the request of the US Boots & Coots company for extinguishing the fire at Azerbaijan’s offshore Guneshli field has already been installed on the fire ships and platform #10, Trend learned from SOCAR Dec.16.
Currently, foreign specialists are preparing to take part in extinguishing the fire.
Moreover, the search for 26 missing oil workers (23 at Guneshli field and three at Oil Rocks) continues. Eight ships, 11 helicopters and a plane have been involved in the search. Despite the adverse weather conditions, a dive crew also participates in the search.
A fire broke out on the offshore platform Dec. 4, as a strong storm damaged an underwater high-pressure gas pipeline. As many as 33 people were rescued in an ensuing large-scale operation. The bodies of seven killed have been retrieved to date.
- Novruz Celebration in Brooklyn, New York
- Арас и Эмин Агаларовы обратились в американский суд
- Новый посол: У США и Азербайджана крепкое партнерство
- President of the US-based Foundation for Ethnic Understanding Marc Schneier: Azerbaijan recognized as model country for its traditions of tolerance
- Марк Шнайер: Азербайджан – образцовая страна для всего мира