The equipment delivered at the request of the US Boots & Coots company for extinguishing the fire at Azerbaijan’s offshore Guneshli field has already been installed on the fire ships and platform #10, Trend learned from SOCAR Dec.16.
Currently, foreign specialists are preparing to take part in extinguishing the fire.
Moreover, the search for 26 missing oil workers (23 at Guneshli field and three at Oil Rocks) continues. Eight ships, 11 helicopters and a plane have been involved in the search. Despite the adverse weather conditions, a dive crew also participates in the search.
A fire broke out on the offshore platform Dec. 4, as a strong storm damaged an underwater high-pressure gas pipeline. As many as 33 people were rescued in an ensuing large-scale operation. The bodies of seven killed have been retrieved to date.
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles
- U.S. City of Phoenix proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- Azerbaijan’s Republic Day & 100th anniversary of its diplomatic service celebrated in Los Angeles