The U.S. has offered Azerbaijan assistance in investigating the causes of fire at the platform #10 of the Guneshli offshore field and in reconstruction work.
The remarks were made in the letter from the Special Envoy of the US Department of State for International Energy Affairs, Amos Hochstein, to Azerbaijan’s Energy Minister Natig Aliyev.
Hochstein expressed condolences to the families and friends of the victims of the accident at Guneshli field and wished the injured a speedy recovery, the Energy Ministry said.
The Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement of the U.S. is ready to render assistance in investigating the main causes of the accident, said the message.
A fire broke out on the offshore platform #10 of SOCAR’s Gunashli field, after an underwater high-pressure gas pipeline was damaged in strong storm on December.
Out of 63 people who were on platform at the moment of accident only 33 were rescued, while 23 are still regarded missing with seven dead.
- Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan living in USA can vote in the Presidential Election
- США привержены политике сотрудничества с Азербайджаном в области развития
- U.S. committed to cooperation with Azerbaijan for sake of development
- Victims of Khojaly genocide commemorated in USA
- США разрабатывают ряд программ для усиления экономического сотрудничества с Азербайджаном