AzeriAmerica – Azerbaijani News and Informational website based in U.S. introduces the first US postage stamps dedicated to the 1st European Games in Baku 2015.
The stamp was designed by 7 year old Azerbaijani American Mikail Aliyev from Farmington, CT and submitted by AzeriAmerica on June 5, 2015.
Baku 2015 is the first ever European Games, an exciting and innovative multi-sport event for the continent which will take place from 12 – 28 June 2015.
There will be a total of 20 sports at Baku 2015: 16 Olympic sports and four non-Olympic sports. More than 6,000 athletes from across Europe will be representing their nations over 17 days of competition.
Eleven of the sports will offer qualification opportunities for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Those sports include Archery, Athletics, Boxing, Cycling, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Triathlon, Wrestling and Volleyball.
Baku was awarded the Games by the European Olympic Committees (EOC) in December 2012. The Baku European Games Operations Committee (BEGOC) will organise and run the Games in co-operation with the EOC.
- Hikmet Hajiyev speaks at Atlantic Council in Washington, DC
- Azerbaijan Airlines (AZAL) intends to postpone the timing of delivery of Boeing 737 MAX-8 aircraft
- Azerbaijani movie wins Vitruvian Award in Los Angeles
- U.S. City of Phoenix proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- Azerbaijan’s Republic Day & 100th anniversary of its diplomatic service celebrated in Los Angeles