US ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Ombudsman Office.
Azerbaijani Ombudsperson Elmira Suleymanova has received US Ambassador to the country, Robert Cekuta.
According to the Ombudsman’s Office, at the meeting, E. Suleymanova informed about the activities and effective cooperation in the field of human rights with government agencies and civil society, NGOs, international organizations. She also noted that the bilateral relations will continue in the future.
The Ombudsperson stressed successful implementation of the National Action Program to increase efficiency of protection of human rights and freedoms in Azerbaijan Republic on President Ilham Aliyev’s decree approved on December 27, 2011.
Mr. Robert Cekuta highlighted the development processes in Azerbaijan, successful activity of Ombudsman in the field of human rights and expressed his interest in mutual cooperation.
R. Cekuta was accompanied by the embassy’s counselor for political affairs, Ms. Susan Chesley.
- Известный пианист Чингиз Садыхов будет похоронен в Баку
- Баку вошел в топ-5 городов мира с самой необычной архитектурой
- МИД России прокомментировал заявление Госдепа США касательно Азербайджана
- Acting Special Envoy and Coordinator for International Energy Affairs at the US Department of State Sue Saarnio will visit Azerbaijan
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport Among World’s 13 Most Beautiful Airports