US ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Ombudsman Office.
Azerbaijani Ombudsperson Elmira Suleymanova has received US Ambassador to the country, Robert Cekuta.
According to the Ombudsman’s Office, at the meeting, E. Suleymanova informed about the activities and effective cooperation in the field of human rights with government agencies and civil society, NGOs, international organizations. She also noted that the bilateral relations will continue in the future.
The Ombudsperson stressed successful implementation of the National Action Program to increase efficiency of protection of human rights and freedoms in Azerbaijan Republic on President Ilham Aliyev’s decree approved on December 27, 2011.
Mr. Robert Cekuta highlighted the development processes in Azerbaijan, successful activity of Ombudsman in the field of human rights and expressed his interest in mutual cooperation.
R. Cekuta was accompanied by the embassy’s counselor for political affairs, Ms. Susan Chesley.
- U.S. hopes change of power in Armenia to lead to progress in settlement of Karabakh conflict
- Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs may soon meet in New York
- США готовы поддержать развитие пчеловодства в Азербайджане
- Azerbaijani grandmaster Shahriyar Mammadyarov draws with American Hikaru Nakamura in Sinquefield Cup
- Американское издание об азербайджанской модели межрелигиозной гармонии и мультикультурализма