Azerbaijani Ombudsperson Elmira Suleymanova has received US Ambassador to the country, Robert Cekuta.
According to the Ombudsman’s Office, at the meeting, E. Suleymanova informed about the activities and effective cooperation in the field of human rights with government agencies and civil society, NGOs, international organizations. She also noted that the bilateral relations will continue in the future.
The Ombudsperson stressed successful implementation of the National Action Program to increase efficiency of protection of human rights and freedoms in Azerbaijan Republic on President Ilham Aliyev’s decree approved on December 27, 2011.
Mr. Robert Cekuta highlighted the development processes in Azerbaijan, successful activity of Ombudsman in the field of human rights and expressed his interest in mutual cooperation.
R. Cekuta was accompanied by the embassy’s counselor for political affairs, Ms. Susan Chesley.
- Знаменитый американский ведущий, Джон Батчелор: Азербайджанцы проявляют терпимость и стремятся к процветанию”
- Элин Сулейманов: Азербайджан помогает США и их друзьям строить мосты с исламским миром
- В США обсудили возможности расширения бизнеса с Азербайджаном
- Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations: Jewish community has long enjoyed peaceful co-existence in Azerbaijan
- Margot Ellis, acting assistant administrator for US Agency for International Development visits Azerbaijan