The Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan which adopted in 1995 became the fourth Constitution of the Azerbaijani State reflecting its new historical modification. The history of the constitutional formation of the Republic of Azerbaijan mainly relies upon the period when Azerbaijan was the part of USSR.
The first Constitution of Azerbaijan was adopted on May 19, 1921 in the First All-Azerbaijani Congress of Soviets. A new redaction of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, which was in line with the relevant Constitution of USSR of 1924, has been adopted on March 14, 1925 in IV All-Azerbaijani Congress of Soviets. The new Constitution of the Azerbaijani Soviet Socialist Republic has been enacted on April 21, 1978 which reflected the realities of a new historical stage in the history of the country. As the independence was gained, it became necessary to draft a new Constitution. For this reason, a special commission has been established under the leadership of President Heydar Aliyev. The Constitution has been adopted in accordance with the expressed public will in referendum held on November 12, 1995.
The Constitution of 1995 has laid the foundations of the statehood building in the Republic of Azerbaijan. The text of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan consists of 5 sections, 12 chapters and 158 Articles.
- US House of Reps member: Azerbaijan is important actor for advancement of global security
- Член комитета по энергетике и торговле Палаты представителей Конгресса США Юджин Грин: Азербайджан – значимая страна для прогресса глобальной безопасности
- Госдеп США: TANAP является прочным дополнительным элементом энергетической безопасности Турции и Европы
- The Mayor of the US capital city of Washington Muriel Bowser signed the proclamation in connection with the centennial of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- Celebration of the Centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic in Washington, DC